CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carol Arendt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Arendt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:53:54 -0500

Hi List,

I'm new to this list, but have been on the celiac list for 3-4 years. Year
ago was diagnosed type 2 diabetes & am having trouble combining the 2 diets.
Oddly enough, I have adapted quite well to the celiac diet. But knowing
whats acceptable to the diabetes diet is where I'm having trouble.

Potatoes? Rice? Fruit? red Meat?

My celiac flour mixture is:

3 pts sorghum flour
1pt sweet rice
1pt white rice
1pt potato starch
1pt corn starch

I have excellent results with this for 1 to 1 baking in most recipes. I also
have no qualms at all using Splenda in my baking/cooking. So I almost never
use sugar.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Carol

Download Messenger. Join the i’m Initiative. Help make a difference today.