CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vivian Cutler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 10:56:12 -0400

Hi my name is Vivian.

Dec 1 I was in the hospital for 5 days for asthma problems.  My body was
shutting down since Aug from asthma and I had tried everything to keep me
breathing.  I stopped gluten, dairy and sugar(plus spices, chocolate, etc.)
I was just starting to feel better for two days and then burnt my trechea and
lungs breathing cooking fumes from chili powder.  This landed me in the
hospital.  While there on all the meds I ended up diabetic.  After off the
meds I was Ok sugar but Dr.  still wanted me to see a endocrinologist because
my thyrod was too high due to meds.

I saw the endocriologist and he said I have an insulin resistance problem and
more that likely celiac.  He said all of this runs together including the
asthma.  I have about 9 tests they are going to run on me on Monday,
including the glucose tolerance and gladin (sp?)  tests.

The good news is that since I have been gluten, dairy and sugar free I dont
crave foods anymore.  It was driving me crazy.  Also I feel like someone
poured conditioner all over my body, hair, everything feels so soft and
moist.

My hands and feet are pink and warm and I feel tingly.  Blood is flowing into
my hands and feet.  I have never felt this before.  I can feel parts of my
feet I didnt know I couldnt feel..My cracked feet are gone.  I kept trying to
put lotion on my hands and feet and nothing worked..What a miracle!  People
are commenting on how warm my hands are...

Has anyone else experienced anything like this...I feel so wonderful!

My body doesnt know or has never experienced skin like this or my hair like
this.  Finally I feel circulation everywhere...It feels great.

My whole life has been eczema, sinus, asthma, hair falling out, dry skin and
consipation.  I really feel all of this has been for the best and only more
to come....

Has anyone experienced anything like this?  Thanks so much...Vivian