CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Larry Hammes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 14:38:13 -0700

 Pizza -- Its an intereting question.  Both my wife and youngest
daughter are type I diabetics (I'm type II).  Both of them have found
that when they eat pizza (well, my daughter now has to have GF pizza)
they have to adjust their insulin differently.  Both of them are on
insulin pumps and use the dual-wave feature which gives two insulin
boluses spread out over a period of time.  Apparenty the problem with
pizza is the rate at which the different ingredients are digested.  I
have found that using humalog myself I have the same problem that many
of you report.

Larry Hammes