CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Sandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 08:00:43 -0700

I'm both Type I Diabetic (15 years) and I have Celiac Sprue (1 year). I've
removed gluten from my diet and have had few problems since my Celiac Sprue
diagnosis. Symptoms have returned over the last two weeks. I've double
checked on prepackaged foods (manufacturers were all very nice on the
phone). I've carried my own food everywhere.

I remembered that folks here suggested that I might become lactose
intolerant also, so I've spend the last week dairy free. (No whey, no
butter, no nothing.) I'm improved, but not well. Is it possible this is
just an obnoxious flu? What else could be causing these problems? I'm
hoping that my friends, who laughed as they suggested that I'm now allergic
to animal and plant proteins, are wrong!

Pat in Brighton, CO