CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ginny Mingolla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 13:23:00 -0400

I just found out I have diabetes in September.  I have been diagnosed with
celiac for about 14 yrs.

I was put on medication and then a second medication when that did not work.
After that I ended up on insulin 4 times a day.  The endocrinologist that
put me on insulin felt it might be Type 1 but was not sure.

I have recently been seeing a doctor who is helping me get off the insulin
through diet and natural healing.  He feels it is probably Type 2.
He did a blood test.  I was on insulin at the time but did not take it since
supper time the night before.  The results were 7.5.  Normal range is 6-27
uIU/ml.

How reliable is this test?  I am wondering why my endocrinologist did not do
this blood test.

Thanks for any help.

Ginny