CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Charles Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 06:20:57 -0400

I got about eight replies and most of them said they would call them
as well.  One said that I could use something else to make sandwiches
and I told her that I am Air Force retired and can get them in our
commissary at a slightly higher price. The commissary, of all places,
has two of Natures Path Kidz g/f cold cereals as well as all of Bob's Red
Mill gluten free products as well as some g/f pastas.
I like the Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal and mix it with grits. (this mixture $5.00
Mo.)
One person asked me about my t-1 diabetes.  At age 67 I take 5 shots
of insulin a day.  I have just received my new www.Minimed.com
pump and it should be installed on Saturday as that is when
 my ANP nurse has time to do it.  I may post more about this later.
One person recently asked a diabetes question but I never received
a response when I replied.  This happens to me about 90% of the time.

I even called Kelloggs and asked them to consider making a g/f waffle,
as Eggo is their brand, and Wal-Mart has a full freezer of those.  Some
of our local grocery stores here in Charleston, SC have g/f products
and are open to suggestions as it was pointed out at our last Celiac
Support Group meeting.

Charlie

It's been a long time since I posted a message about getting
Wal-Mart to carry Van's g/f waffles.  I use them for my
sandwich every day so I purchase over two boxes a
week. Our frozen foods manager here in North Charleston
tells me that they sell like hot cakes.

I went there yesterday and didn't see any waffes so I asked
them to go in the back and get me some.  He said, "This D
sticker means that they have been deleted even the ones
with wheat in them."  How sad is that ?  Is it just here
in Charleston I wonder ?  I have called or sent an email
 to both companies, so if you use these call them and complain
 as well. 1-800 Wal-Mart or [log in to unmask]
Thanks, Charlie  T-1 diabetes, DH and CD

*                   Search the logfiles at                      *
*    http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/CELIAC-DIABETES.html *