CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ann Tingle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 03:19:55 +0100

When my son became diabetic at nine years old, he was diagnosed very early.
He was prescribed insulin for a short while and then it appeared that he
went through a phase of not needing insulin. The doctors called it a
honeymoon period. He then needed insulin again. As you are older I'm not
sure this would apply to you but I thought you may be interested. My son and
husband have type 1 diabetes. Both became diabetic about the same age.