CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rosalie Peipert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 08:57:43 -0500

Dear Listmates,
        I have celiac disease and have been on this diet for 25 years. I
never had a problem before. My last blood test came out 199 in the blood
sugar level. My doctor was very unhappy about that and made a special
call to tell me to watch the carbos and have an 1800 calorie diet until
I see him in 3 mos.
       I try to stick to complex carbos but I realize our breads(which I
make myself, and add rice bran and other bean flours to) has a high
carbo intake. I also make
her things to snack on. I am not overweight, I have multiple food
allergies and I really watch what I eat. How do you manage to keep your
levels down without medicatio? I do not want to add another problem or
medicine to my list of other health problems.  I don't eat sugar much,
the 5 lb bag last over two yrs in my house.
I eat lots of salads and veggies. I do eat
rice pasta, chinese bean mung pasta, potatoes, yams and brown rice. I
guess the answer is to cut the carbos? That is going to be hard to do,
as I am always hungry afterwards when I don't have it at my supper meal.
I have about 2 slices of bread at lunch and once in a while a g/f
bagel. Would appreciate knowing what others eat to keep the blood sugar
down.
Do I have to starve myself?
Rosalie  NJ
***You are what you eat.****