CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vivian Cutler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 03:50:13 -0400

Hi Everyone

My name is Vivian.

I was just diagnosed with hypoglycemia on Monday.  I am asthmatic, have
hypothyroidism, and am now told I have an isulin problem and probably celiac.

I stay away from sugar, gluten, dairy, eggs, chocolate, diet soda, peanuts,
spices, and meat.  Now the doc said to keep my carbos at 60 for the day
because of the hypoglycemia.  Wow 1/2 cup of beans can be from 20 to 30
carbs!  And potatoes, corn and rice are so high on the glycemic chart or carb
chart.  One potato is 60 carbs, my whole days worth of carb points.

What do you eat in the morning if you too have to stay away from the similar
foods?  I was eating grits and an apple but that equals about 37 to 40 carbs
in one meal.  Today I ate broccoli and 10 almonds= 15 carbs.  I felt good by
lunch time.

There needs to be some good ideas for a vegan, hypoglycemic, hypothyroid,
asthmatic person to eat.  He also put me on meds (for diabetes 2) to help out
the hypoglycemic problem.  I dont understand why diet alone cant work.

Does anyone have a clue or idea of something other than veggies, beans or
nuts for breakfast?  Ideas for other meals?  Places or books?

Any good BOOKS to read about this?   I guess that is it....Thanks Vivian