CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vic Samuel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 16:23:11 -0500

The test you need is called a C-Peptide test to let your Dr. know if you
produce insulin. It sounds like you had a hemoglobin AIC done which just
shows your control within the last few months. It doesn't indicate which
type of diabetes you have. If you are over weight, the chances are greater
that it could be type 2 diabetes...but is not conclusive. Type ! is an
auto-immune disease and that can be associated with celiac.

    Good luck finding out which type you have. If it is type ! you must have
exogenous insulin.

Lynn Samuel