CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tim Meadows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 May 1998 13:56:58 -0500

We recently passed the 3 year mark since our son Alex started on the GF
diet.  He is now a very healthy 4 1/2 year old who has adjusted quite
well to being 'different' from other kids.  I want to share some good
results we have seen lately.

It took us the entire first year to get the contamination problems and
Alex's other  food allergy figured out.  He had been sick with flu and
respiratory infections several times that first winter, and I remember
writing to this list for encouragement that we would see improvement at
some point.  Thanks to the advice of other moms, we stuck with it.  For
the last two winters, Alex has not been sick enough to go to the family
doctor.  He has gotten an occasional runny nose that would simply go away
after a few days.  What an improvement and answer to prayer!

Another good happening, was a birthday party that Alex was invited to
last month.  The  mother of the birthday child went out of her way to be
sure that the snacks were gf and she made cupcakes so they would match
the gf one I brought.  We don't know this family all that well, but I
appreciated her extra effort so much.

I'm sure there are still a lot of hurdles ahead in raising a child on the
gf diet, however, we feel like a normal family again.  And, we are
definitely a healthier family thanks to our gf child.

Kay Meadows
Warsaw, IN