CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rick and Laurie Lochner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 18:19:17 -0700

Hi Everyone,

I am finally sending somewhat of a summary on my request for a gluten
free and lactose free birthday cake for my daughter.  I received many
to recipes, here are some of the ideas that were suggested to me:

1)In "Special Diet Solutions" by Carol Fenster there   is a chocolate
cake that is good.

2)On the box of Potato Mix by EnerG there is a good recipe for a brown
sugar cake.

3) Miss Roben's has a reformulated chocolate cake mix that can be
ordered by mail (1-800-891-0083).

4) In Betty Hagman's books (I'm not sure which books have these
recipes) include Angel Food Cake, Lemon Sheet Cake, Country Jam Cake,
and a Bundt Pan Cake.

5) In Betty Hagman's 3rd book "The Gluten-Free Gourmet Cooks Fast &
Healthy", there is a recipe for Gingerbread Cake. The person who wrote
to me, I'm sorry, I forgot who),said they substituted formula for milk
and used pureed apricots or prunes in place of eggs. Can put powdered
sugar or glaze on top.

6) A couple people suggested Baskin Robbins ice cream cakes. They are
good about special orders and you can order without the cake part and
just have ice cream cake.

7) The Gluten Free Pantry was also suggested a few times. They have
great cake mixes that can be ordered by phone. (sorry, don't have
phone #).

8) Dietary Specialties was also mentioned. They have good cake mixes.

9) There is a good recipe for Angel Food Cake in the book "Gluten Free
Anytime".

    I believe I have included every suggestion sent to me. Thanks
again to all of you who took the time to help me out.

Laurie