CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kiwimate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 18:33:01 -0400

Hello,
My name is Kelly. My daughters name is Madison.

Today I found out that she may have celiac disease. I came to this list
to find out all I can find out about this condition until her test
results come back and i know if she has it or not.

Madison is a very spunky and energetic 9yr old (June 21st) little girl
who also has ACC (Agenesis of the Corpus callosum) She is
developmentally delayed in all areas, and is in a special class for her
educational needs. Basically, she looks, acts and is mentally at an age
5 level.

She has never had a formed bowel movement so I became concern. FINALLY
we saw someone about it and the gasteroenterologist ordered many tests,
one is for celiac disease.

So here I am hoping to learn form all of you exactlly what I might have
to deal with in a few weeks. Her blood work was done today, and she has
a frucose tolerance test on the 21st and a sweat test. (yes, on her
birthday)

Thank you,
Kelly and Madison