CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Laurie Topper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 17:03:20 -0400

Hi all!  I am not new to this list, but my daughter was just diagnosed and
I am so excited that I had to write and tell you all right away. I also
have a few questions.

I'm sure you think it odd that I'm excited. Well, my daughter has been very
sick for a very long time - all her life. Most of her symptoms have been
psychiatric in nature and so we have been pursuing the wrong avenues of
treatment. Nothing was ever very helpful. In the past 2 years things
worsened to the point that Jess has now been diagnosed with seizures as
well as bipolar disorder with psychotic features. Every year things are
worse. Jess was hospitalized last month and one of the doctors recommended
a nutritional doctor who we are now seeing., ( Dr. Kopelson -
www.countrymedical.net) He tested her for celiac among other things.

I tried a gf diet with Jessica 1 1/2 years ago because I read it could be
helpful with ADHD. Jess was not cooperative and we eventually gave up. I
did find it to be somewhat helpful - I should have stuck to my guns.

I am so happy!