CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Juliann Seebauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 17:56:57 -0400

I have a 3 1/2 yo son who is free of milk, legumes, nuts, gluten.  He's
been GF (oats) since January (he'd complain of stomach aches with Gluten),
yet he still has soupy BMs.  (Barley free for 2 yrs, wheat-free oct) He's
had only about 6 formed Bms in his whole life, recently I think it was due
to him having lots of bananas and gerber rice cereal.  But he won't eat
that all the time.  He doesn't eat much (refuses) fruits or vegs, though
he loves apples.  Is there a fibercon-like fiber for kids (ie, capsule
form)?

I've tried making muffins with brown rice or rice fiber, but he hasn't
liked them either, lately.

What fruits/vegs are high in fiber?  His only grains currently are rice and
corn.  Could there be as yet another intolerance causing the symptoms?