CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Denise Lesher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 01:59:05 -0400

I have a son who is a 13 (just turn 13 a week ago) year old Celiac.  His
name is Robert.  He was diagnosed when he was 11 months old.  He is
having a terrible time accepting the limits of his GF diet.  He is also
lactose, sucrose and soy intolerant, milk protein allergic and other food
sensitivities.  He is the only "known" Celiac child in the area.  I
believe that if he could E-mail or pen pal with someone his age, it would
help him with his feelings about being so different and being so angry
about his diet.  If anyone knows of or has a child this age or near, and
thinks they would enjoy talking to someone their age with the same
condition, please contact me.  Robert loves to read (especially books
like Red Wall or the Harry series), is a fourth year cellist, plays magic
cards, loves computer games, a seventh grader and a basically nice kid.
He has his own E-mail, but please contact me first.  Thank you so much.
I have learned many things I had not thought about reading the lists.  I
am glad to know that there might be some pickles he can eat.  Thank you
again in advance.

Denise Lesher