CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Southern Utah Celiacs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 May 1998 13:43:00 -0700

"Melaleuca Vita Bears are a fructose compound for complete utilization
by your child's body and are gluten free."

"Professor Alpha's Chewable Vitamins-no added artificial preservative,
flavors or colors-all ingredients organically grown by Nutrilite"

Poly Vi Sol is gf.

http://www.cosmo2000.ca/derom for gf foods
1-800-363-det for help with gf diet

Gluten free pantry 800-291-8386
#350 pretzels, #351 Apricot Biscuts #352 Chocolate chip biscuits #353
halp chocolat covered cookies are recommended for kids.

Other suggestions for toddlers:  pancakes in fun shapes, cream cheese,
dannon or yoplait yogurt popsickles, ice trays are used for all types
of treats frozen and not.

Pregnant with CD (without knowledge of it) Dental problems in the kids
latter in life, long bone development affected in the kids,
miscarraige, troublesome painful pregnancies, poor iron absorbtion in
the pregnant mother, stillbirth.

La Leche Leage ~ assures us that breastfeeding is best for all babies
and gluten can not be passed to the baby through the breastmilk.

Some felt that because grains eaten by the cows can be present in cows
milk that the same might apply to humans.  I will leave that to the
experts at the La Leche League to answer.

The gluten free gourmet and Bette Hagman have lots of people
suggesting their books.  Suggestion for Ms. Hagmans muffins for
toddlers.

More suggestions to try fresh goats milk, a neighbor offered my some
fresh stuff, she says it really tastes good. "Goats milk is good to
make yogurt with."

Join the CSA/USA for 28.00 or 8.00 for the gf commericial food list.

Jelly Beans are OK, but avoid black licorice, the Farley's brand for
sure.  Corn Tortiilla, cooked dried beans. Peanut butter & jelly are
consistent favorites, figs, zucchini & peppermint tea for tea parties.

Baby Tylenol has gluten in it.
Baby Panadol for pain and fever is gf.

Rice Dream is not gluten free. (I think the process uses barley?)

There is a list of toddler foods on the archives on Dec 3, 1997

I found this statement very interesting, is this a fact?  I hope so.
"My second child had been entirely gf, including during my
pregnancy....She is only 1 yr old now..we will see if she does not
have CD, but we are keeping her gf until she is 2... they have shown
that this will decrease the likelyhood of celiac..."

Safe Formula:  Carnation:  Alsoy, Follow Up, Good Start, SMA
Enfalac
Isomil (milk free)
Nursoy (soy protein isolate)
Prosobee (milk free)
similac
sonamil power

Stokes med. arts Pharmacy 80-752-5222 for $18.00 can get a CD friendly
list of meds.

This is a summary, I have not researched the above items.  Thanks so
much to everyone for their help :D  Huge Cyber Hugs
==
Family of Possible Celiacs in Southern Utah :D
14mo old confirmed, the rest are testing.