CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Shelley Bridges <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 16:44:54 -0500

Hi, my daughter is 19 months old and was tested for celiac at 12 months of
age.  As soon as I heard she might have celiac I put her on a gluten-free
diet.  She had a biopsy done about a month later(which was negative) and
then we were to give her gluten for a couple weeks before another biopsy
was done.  After the fifth day on the gluten(just one cracker a day) she
was so irritable and cried for an hour that night that we did the biopsy
the next day after calling the Dr of course.  The biopsy showed no signs of
celiac and we have gotten no more answers from the Doc.  She has been on a
gluten free diet since and has gained 5 1/2 lbs.  I have also discovered
she is lactose intolerant and has egg, peanut and fish allergies.  Can
anyone offer advice on what to do without a diagnosis?