CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2009 11:58:43 -0600

I called GM yesterday about Honey Kix.  The woman said they contain no
gluten ingredients.  I asked if they were produced on a line that also
handles a gluten containing product, like Wheat Chex.  She said if it were,
they would include on the ingredient label a disclosure that it may contain
wheat(or rye or oats or barley as the case may be).  She was emphatic that
they don't try to hide gluten containing ingredients on their labels.  I'm
sometimes a little worried that the person I'm talking to may not know what
they're talking about...but this one sounded convincing so we're going to
try Honey Kix.
Dawn

berry kix, they appear to be gluten free, I have heard that general mills
won't claim that they are gluten free, anyone have any experience with
these? It would be nice to expand our cereal varieties,
> thanks,
> Jen
>
> * Please provide references to back up claims of a product being GF or
not GF *

** Please remember some posters may be WHEAT-FREE, but not GLUTEN-FREE **