CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peggy Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 16:00:44 EDT

I had a request for information on how I checked the school pantry.  I
thought I would respond to the list.
When I check the ingredients in the cafeteria pantry I do check with the
supplier of any of those that I am unsure.  I also take all my GF safe food
lists that I use regularly and feel are to the same standards I use and make
sure they see me checking the list to see that the item in question is there.
 I know this seems a difficult task just to have your child eat a school
lunch, but it is very crucial.  It not only puts your mind at ease, but also
emphasizes to the cafeteria staff the significance of the GF status.  If you
will go to the effort to check each item, they will go to the effort to be
sure the meals are properly prepared and kept safe from contamination.  By
placing a few of these calls from the cafeteria office or from the office of
the District Food Services Coordinator (toll-free calls of course!) you can
make them even more aware of the process you must go through on a regular
basis to safeguard your child's health.
Still you must remember, KINDNESS GOES A LONG WAY!

* Support summarization of posts, reply to the SENDER not the CEL-KIDS List *