CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:19:20 EST

Thanks for all the feedback
"Marilyn" told me about a yahoo group for vegetarian gf - I have since joined
and the postings have been helpful so far.  (Go to groups.yahoo.com to find
the group.)

"Susan" gave me many suggestions about using Quinoa, chickpeas and chickpea
flour, beans and sunflower seeds.  She also suggested taking iron and B12 if
the kids decide to go vegan.

"Tania" suggested salads and steamed veggies when eating out.  Also PBJ
sandwiches for the kids.

"Rhonda" told me about an article from Andrew Weil's website re: limiting soy
products because of their interference with thyroid.  Something to think
about!

"Kelly" told me about Thai Vietnamese and Persian restaurants being very
gf/veggie friendly.  Also Sushi and risotto in Italian restaurants.   She also
suggested veggie and cream cheese sandwiches.

"Jon" also suggested tofu and protein shakes.  We commisserated on the
difficulty of searching for gf veggie burgers.

"Kelle" suggested reading the book Diet for a Small Planet.

Thanks so much for all your suggestions and help.
Peacefully,
Amy G

* Support summarization of posts, reply to the SENDER not the CEL-KIDS List *