CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
bev lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 09:22:01 PST

Hi all
Things have been going very well in grade two for Kate, and I think
highly of her teacher in a variety of ways.  However... I met with her
in September to explain CD.  I specifically asked whether there would be
baking in the classroom (because of some bad expereinces the year
before).  I was told "no", she had no time to bake with them.  I learned
this morning that they made shortbreads.  Kate is very sensitive and
flour dust is enough to cause her symptoms.  I feel so discouraged.  I
know I have to talk to the teacher about it, but I hate the thought of
doing it.  I get so tired of having to explain this to people who don't
get it.  Anyway, so I'm venting to you, and now I'll go and call the
school and try to be nice.
Thanks for listening.

Bev Lewis
London, ON