CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Laura Horvath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Horvath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 23:13:19 -0500

Thanks for all the responses to my fruit snack question...looks like there
are a lot of good choices out there...I've grouped them by manufacturer
with the number of responses in ( )....only consistent bad ones was Brachs
(so I would stay away from them) since they are not on dedicated lines.....

Just note to ALWAYS look on the ingredients...someone warned me that some
actually list flour in the ingredients...

Kelloggs  ( 8 - all positive )
 - OK but look at label

Kraft/Nabisco  ( 10 - a definite favorite - all positive )
 - Nabisco Fruit Snacks.  I buy a box that comes with three different
berry flavors at Costco.

General Mills  ( 3 - all positive )
 - General Mills fruit roll-ups are GF---I didn't ask about their fruit
snacks, though.

Betty Crocker  ( 7 - the other favorite, all positive )
- General Mills fruit roll-ups are GF---I didn't ask about their fruit
snacks, though.
- Betty Crocker "fruit smoothie blitz" chews are ok.  I get them in a big
box at Costco.
- You need to be careful because some of the Brach's and Kellogg's
products have something similar to the Betty Crocker fruit roll ups, but
these brands all have flour in them.

Brachs (1 positive, 10 negative)
Someone contacted the company and they said that they are manufactured on
non-dedicated lines with gluten products..so BEWARE...

Kroger   ( 1 )
- Store brand is safe

Welches brand  ( 1 )
- fine

Gerber graduates fruit juice snacks for toddlers  ( 1 )
- no reactions

Stretch Island Fruit Leathers (1)
- sold at Costco and are all GF

Fruit by the Foot ( 1 )
- have not had any probelms...

Albertson's generic fruit snacks  ( 1 )
- have not had any problems - Curious George and Tom & Jerry.

Farley  ( 1 )
- Farley's is OK as long as the ingredients do not have "wheat" in them.
In fact, all farley's candy is ok as long as the ingredients do not
state "wheat"