CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Scortino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 07:12:26 -0600

This is a reply to Bev Lewis about dealing with teachers who "don't get
it". I really believe for the most part that people want to be
understanding and helpful, but no one is REALLY going to "get it" unless
he or she is dealing with the illness himself. I applaud you for venting
in a safe place. We need to be able to do that. And then we need to be
able to go back to the offending person and start all over again with
education. It does get tiring and discouraging at times. I suspect the
teacher is going to need some repetition in her education about CD! Hang
in there! --Kathy