CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Karen Dooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 13:39:48 -0500

Hi my name is Karen and my two-year son has Celiac Disease. Although he was
diagnosed over a year ago, this is my first post to the List. Actually, I
only found this by fluke a few months ago. It's comforting to know that we
are not alone (as we are Canadians living in Germany and are finding this
pretty tough some days!) Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and ask
you all a question. Since he was diagnosed, Connor has never had any follow-
up testing done. We just put him on a GF diet and that was that. In
reading some of the archives, I've noticed many people are talking about
antigliadin tests, regular blood work, etc. Is this common practice in
North America and something I should be pursuing here for my son? Also,
Connor's symptoms prior to diagnosis included severe constipation. Now,
his stools are very loose, not formed at all. I'm not sure what to make
of it - any thoughts? Thanks for any help. Karen D. ([log in to unmask])