CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Patricia M Curran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 20:15:20 -0500

My 18mos old will be having a endoscopy and biopsy on monday the 22nd of
December.  The doctor says he will be sedated, but awake for the procedure.

He is already deathly afraid of doctors.  Has any of you on the list
experienced this w/ a child?  What did the child remember of the
procedure?  I am nervous about him becoming even more afraid of doctors
and hospitals......any tips on how to help Sean through this (and how to
help him cope after)  would be greatly appreciated.

The nurse said she thinks we can go in with him...that's a plus.  I am
hoping he will be sedated enough that he won't have a memory of the
actual procedure!

Thank You & God Bless

Pattie    ([log in to unmask])