CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ed & Leanne Hanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 May 1998 12:28:14 -0400

Hello All,
   Our daughter was diagnosed at the age of 7 and for 3 or 4 years we didn't
have any difficulty getting her to stick to her diet.  Of course most of
the time I had direct control over what she was eating.  For the past 2-3
years she has been cheating on the diet, intentionally.  Unfortunately,
since she hit puberty, she's 13 now, her symptoms have disappeared.  We
have explained the importance of adhering to the diet, but with little
success.  Can anyone, who has gone through the teen years, or even anyone
with any suggestions, please tell us how you handled it.  We really aren't
sure how much of this is just normal teenage rebellion and how much is
trying to fit in with everyone else.
        Thanks in advance for all of your help.  We will summarize to the list.
Ed & Leanne Hanson