CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
The Morans
Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 1997 13:35:50 -0400

I need a quick reply please. My child has a 104 fever, the emergency
room I just took him to said that I should use a paracetamol suppository
as they don't know if Tylenol is safe. They say this always!!!
He is now six and doesn't appreciate suppositorys.

He has a 104 fever due to his intolerance to gluten. He is called a
crisis Coeliac.

We know exactly what to feed him but unfortunatley mistakes happen. We
think he ate ice cream that contained a triglyceride which contained a
trace amount of gluten.

I am trying to justify myself as the last time I asked for help I
received a long page complaint about my abilities to parent and
understand the disease!!!

I belive that a 1 800 number exists that I can call, and they will tell
me what is okay and what is not okay with regards to medicine's. Please,
if anyone has this info, please write asap, if he can take Tylenol
please send me a note and I will get it now.

Thanks

Michele Moran
Long time Mom of a Coeliac