CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Frances Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Frances Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 21:05:02 -0600

We complain so much when we are dismissed or treated poorly by
companies.  Well I want to tell you all about a great experience my celiac
daughter had today.

My daughter is 8 years old and has been diagnosed celiac for 5 years.  The
diet is second nature and she really is a great sport about things she
cannot eat.  Her school had a magazine fundraiser and as one of the prizes
for the number of magazines she received a candy necklace.  I called the
number on the necklace to find out if it was GF.  The company was Star
Awards.  They could not verify that if it was GF or not.  But the woman I
spoke with was concerned that my daughter would not be able to have her
reward.  She asked about my daughter's interest and favorite color.

Today we received a package.  Inside were 5 prizes, all purple (the
favorite color) and each one by itself is nicer than the necklace.  She got
a small FM radio that clips on a backpack, a flashlight necklace, a watch,
a pen and a light-up keychain.

I was totally blown away.  Normally if there is something like that that
she cannot have, I just get her a chocolate bar or a book or something that
she would really enjoy.  I never in a million years expected the company to
step up and replace the prize and I did not expect them to replace it 5 times.

I just wanted to let everyone know that some vendors really do care.

Francie Kelley
Austin, TX