CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Willingham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 11:15:04 -0700

Just a note:  At least one member of the CelKids listserv has expressed
concern that I failed to convey the seriousness of Celiac Disease,
especially if it's left untreated.  For the record, I was merely summarizing
manuscript development of a book on CD in children that I'm working on.

Obviously, it's a serious illness or none of us would be on this list
sharing experiences and information or asking questions about our children's
health.  I think most of us know that this is a life long condition that
should be treated seriously, and that if left untreated, can set the stage
for other life threatening conditions such as cancer.  My book, when
completed, will cover a wide range of existing medical information and
contain relevant and extensive resource listings.  My posting was just what
I said it was: a summary of observations and remarks by families of children
with CD and was not meant to replace qualified medical advice, information
or treatment.

Thank you.