CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tom Shoval <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 16:12:22 +0000

Hi,
My 12 yr old son will be visiting the States, (Michigan) for the
month  of August with his Dad.  He is pretty responsible with
his diet, encouraged by the miserable consequences of making a
mistake.

I would like to know if there is an information base, on the net or
otherwise, of easily available food (including junk food of course!)
that is GF.  We are aware of mail order speciality food companies,
and would like to save ourselves the headache of reading every label
in the supermarket.  Our knowledge of American ingredients to be
avoided comes from Bette Hagman's books.

We live in Israel, and although I always struggle with Hebrew
labelling, I know that I never have to worry about gluten in locally
produced vinegar, or food coloring, or medicines (generally
speaking).   I understand this is not the case in the US.

Thanks
Carole Shoval