CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
bev lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 16:37:50 PST

Hi again
Thanks to all of you wonderful people who replied to my whining on
Tuesday...
Lots of good suggestions about providing written material for the
teacher, being persistent and generally inspiring messages about keeping
the faith.
I had learned of the baking from another mom and hadn't yet spoken to
Kate.  I called the teacher and learned that when Kate learned there
would be baking with wheat flour, she requested to go to the library
while the rest of the class baked.  Yeah Kate! I had a very positive
talk with her teacher and reinforced the importance of this restriction.
She seemed to hear me more clearly than she had in September.
She did raise the question of making masks in January that are generally
made with a paste of flour and water.  Will rice flour work just as
well?
Thanks again!

Bev Lewis
London, ON