C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 10:55:14 -1000
It's hard to tell Anthony without more information. Right after Case
wrote his note about his wonderful family his father had him in tears
and Case accused his dad  of name calling, something Case never does.
Dad called him a sniveler. He rarely snivels and I think they expect
too much out of him, especially at 7.
I have told my son he expects better behavior out of his kids than he
does of himself.
So back to your parents. Can you figure out what triggers your
explosion? Are they not hearing something you say repeatedly? Do they
think you are bipolar or something like that? What mental problem is
being suggested? Just trying to get more info here?
This may not be your problem at all. It could be something amiss in
the family system that gets repeatedly played out. This happens even
when people have the best of intentions towards one another.