C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 19:48:16 -0500
Anee,

Have they checked your thyroid?  A few years ago I went to an
endocrinologist and he found that my thyroid was all messed up...ended
up having a huge nodule that was not cancerous and it was treated with
little problem.  Now I just take synthroid daily.

The reason I suggest this is because it is often overlooked by doctors
and the feelings of anxiety and weight loss and even the IBS could all
be the result of an overactive thyroid.  Also, my BP was slightly
elevated when my thyroid was also on overdrive, but hasn't been an issue
since I had treatment.  All it takes is a simple blood test, so it is
worth it.

Just my two cents.

Linda