C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"K. Salkin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
K. Salkin
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 05:40:52 -0500
I don't see any president's reaction being different, whether it's Bush or
Gore.  I'm sure Gore would have reacted the same way, beefing up our
security, etc.  And let's face it, we Americans are woefully unprepared to
deal with attacks on our home soil.  We are finding ourselves more
inadequately prepared than the Israelis, or the French, or the Germans.
They have been dealing with terrorism for years and it's just now come home
to us.  We have been too complacent.

As I see it, it's a matter  of tradeoffs.  Less security for more individual
freedom.  I don't like the way our civil rights are being chipped away at,
but I can understand it's inevitable in times like these.  And I am
optimistic that we will recover, although it'd take longer this time as this
is a more protracted battle that will be far harder to fight than anything
we've ever done.

I don't agree with Bush on this, but will support our forces.  I will not be
like the people back in the 60s who turned their backs on the soldiers in
Vietnam; they have suffered too much because of our lack of support for
them.  However, you can be sure I will still not be voting for Bush or any
of my local politicians who support Bush; unfortunately that's all of them.

Kat