C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 08:07:35 -0800
i'd not be so sure that europe don't need to import
from the U.S. world trade is just a little more
complex than the reporters you are reading would lead
you to believe. and i have no doubt that they are
reporters that you are reading. and i'd be willing to
bet you 10 dollars to one that the article we read
last night was written by a reporter that has less
ecconomic training than i have had. if you could check
his background.
  does that mean that his points are not correct? no
europe is growing stronger, the euro is for the first
time in history stronger than the dollar. can the EU
call some shots? yes, they can! and they will. can
they call the shots and not have some of the shots hit
their own foot? no! they can't. the u.s. has called
some shots that hurt us more than helped, the EU will
find out rather quickly that they can and will hurt
themself on some things.
i'll say catagorically that the EU can not do without
importing from the U.S. that assumption is absolutly
false. can the u.s. not import from the EU? no! we can
not do without europe anymore than europe can do
without us. if either trys that, they are going to
hurt themselves. for example, do you honestly think
that china and india is going to buy enough european
autos to make up for what the U.S. buys? you can't
have it both ways, that china competes becouse of
slave labor and then have those slaves wealthy enough
to buy bmers and mercedees.
do you think asia will import enough from europe to
equal the U.S.A if they can't sell asian products to
the U.S.A. becouse americans hurt by european actions
are no longer financially able to buy the asian
products? world ecconomis are so tied together that
nothing is done by one area that does not ffect
several other areas and sometimes the very area that
started the chain of events.
no one can afford to ignore each other, but, all must
try to look after their interest. this makes for a
delicant balance.