C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paige Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 16:42:25 -0500
Ok.  I'm back!  My electricity has been playing games on me.  I had a small
lamp in the living room- and I wanted it in the bedroom- so I moved it- and
it kept flickering,,, So what does one do?  Tighten the bulb.  POP  bedroom,
hallway and bathroom electricity is POOF.  Then.... I went to use the
toilet- being in total darkness I can practice my navigating techniques that
I learned from teaching blind kids quite well, although I never did teach
them how to crack the lid of the tank. (it was previously glued before I
moved in).  Consequently, then it wouldn't flush correctly.  Can anyone say
"Day from Hell"?  I get home this afternoon- no lights yet- no toilet fixed.
  I called- they came right over cuz it was after 4 p.m.  Boom he flipped a
switch, lights went on.  He took the broken top off the tank, the toilet
flushed perfectly.  Found a new top for the tank and with that he was out
the door.  So I moved the lamp in the bedroom to a different outlet- for
covenience.......POOF!  This time the breaker is red.  (Yes men and women, I
did flip the switches last night...and it didn't work.)  Called the guy
back- the culprit was the lamp.  The message here is that I'm not supposed
to read in bed!  My OTHER point..... I added at least a dozen gray hair in
the  past 24 hrs!!!!!