C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 18:21:55 -0700
hi,
when i was learning to drive a car, i had a hard time driving in a straight
line. my instructor told me the hands will follow the eyes, and showed me
if I followed the lines in the road with my eyes, my hands would
automatically steer the car correctly. It worked! it also works now when
I'm driving my power chair on the street and on sidewalks.

I have been receiving a bodywork called Feldenkrais, it helped my walking,
talking and my hands and feet. You might want to look into it for case, as
once you cut tendons you can't undo it. A piece of advice, don't have more
than one lesson a week as the brain needs time to adjust to the changes.  a
therapist who wants you to have 2-3 lessons a week is only after your
money.

I'm a 49 year old woman with athetoid cp, I walked unaided until I was
about 35 when a series of car accidents impaired my balance and gave me a
great deal of pain.  I surrendered to a chair when I was 40...

Mag

Catch you later!

Hawaii was