C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 15:33:24 -0400
Pam, I can't take credit for that one.  I got it from my father, a
Dixie-crat who felt that the Kennedy's ruined the party--a stance made even
stronger by his hero-worship of FDR and the WPA, NRA, etc.  My grandfather
kept his family alive by building post offices throughout the Deep South for
$1/day as a WPA carpenter.  Anyway, Daddy has an old wheeze, "They should
never have shot Jack or Bobby in the '60s--they should have got Rose and
that old ^$$%!!, Joe in the '20s."

The Old Man has softened quite a bit in his politics in the last few years,
though he's never forgiven Kennedy and Johnson for sending him to watch his
friends die for naught South East Asia.

Kyle