C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2007 16:48:34 -0400
I have a cat - I try to brush off as much hair as I can before leaving
the house but there is no early way that anyone allergic to cats can
reasonably expect cat owners to be free of all cat dander when they
leave the house. If I have a guest over to my place who's allergic to
cats, I'll shut the cat up in a room but I think that's all that's
reasonable to ask of a pet owner in public places.  I do think it's
unreasonable to ask people who are dependent on service dogs to not use
them when
 the law says they can.

FYI, I suffer from allergies myself but I don't expect the world to
accommodate me on that score - it's asking too much.  I have to watch
out for allergens on my own and cope with them as I and my doctor see fit.

Kat