C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 12:33:26 -0500
What's happened to comon decency and respect in this world?  I was appalled
at reading this.  Kat

Celtic condemn jeering fans

A one minute's silence tribute to the Queen Mother had to be cut short at
Celtic's Parkhead ground because of jeering and whistling by fans.

Referee Willie Young acted after sustained jeering and whistling by fans
before the Scottish Premier League match between Celtic and Livingston.

The match was shown live on Sky TV.

There had been fears that the Celtic supporters at the club's Parkhead
ground in Glasgow would fail to observe pleas from the club to be quiet.

A Celtic spokesman later condemned the actions of "a small minority" of
fans. "Two people were ejected and I believe we are making further
inquiries.

"It's disappointing that a small minority went against the request of the
club. However, we are delighted that the vast majority of the supporters
respected the silence," he said.

Celtic were presented with the Scottish Premier League trophy for the second
successive season after the game in which they defeated Livingston 5-1.