C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Jo Pink <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 13:42:17 -0500
I agree.

-----Original Message-----
From:   - Joy - [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Friday, April 20, 2001 12:35 PM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Re: From another list...  Life Worth Living.

Sorry this post is so outdated, I'm just getting caught up on mail.  First,
let me say that I'm hoping not to offend anyone with what I'm about to say.
I have a problem with the idea that all people with disabilities are (or
should be) anti-euthanasia.  Why should we all feel a certain way, just
because we were dropped into a common category of disability by fate?
Whether I was disabled or not, I would still want to live a life that was
full of dignity and relatively free of pain.  When it becomes impossible for
me to do that, I do not wish to live anymore.  To me, everyone should have
choices.  No one should be forced to live a life they do not want, just as
no one should be forced to die.

~Joy~
http://www.geocities.com/joy0823
Currently Reading: "1st to Die" by James Patterson
Last Movie Seen:  "Charlie's Angels" - 4 out of 5 stars