C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:08:25 -0500
Ok, Beth, you got me on sentence structure!  Anyway, I was about thirteen.
We had a small orchard behind the house and the ripe fruit would attract
starlings.  My dad would let me shoot them with a pellet gun (under
supervision, of course), but, being a latchkey kid I figured it would be fun
to do a little "bird hunting" in the time before my parents got home.

"Well", says I, "If 1 pellet = 1 bird, think how many I could get with a
shotgun!"  Mind you, I was not only shooting unsupervised, I was also
shooting from inside the house, out the patio door!  Long story short, I got
the shotgun down, put the shell in and when I closed the chamber....BOOM!  I
had it pointed right at the front window!

Things were not good in my world for a long time after that...