C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 11:16:55 EST
In a message dated 12/02/2000 6:49:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> yep - what I call "normal" - isnt exactly what other (non-disabled) people
> call "normal"..

Yeah, I know.  Is the definition of normal non-disabled?  What's the
definition of non-disabled?  Give me a break.

>  and people try & force their standards of living / routines etc.. onto
us...

Their standard -- their routine, eh buddy?

>  But my parents were / are good - theyve supported me - & wanted me to lead
> an independent life..

Hooray for your folks.  I don't think my Mom would have been like that if I
had been disabled as a child, but I think my Pop would have.  He's been dead
a long time now, but I remember him to be the parent who pushed me to think
independently and make good decisions for myself.

>  They do give suggestions, & "talks" though - but i'm pretty much left to
my
> own - (the way i like(*D*) it).

Again, hooray for your parents.  They sound like good folks Gopher.