C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 18:19:29 PDT
I was married to a disabled man for 9 years before filing for divorce (as
well as being disabled myself). I believe that some disabled people are
raised to lead "normal" lives and others are raised to be disabled and not
take responsibilities for anything and use their disability as an excuse.
Such is the case with my ex. I was cut no slack for having cp growing up.
That was our basic difference. There's more to look at than just disability
status. Renee