C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 00:10:08 EST
I think there is merit in Stephen's comment Kathy.  Friendship and good
association doesn't have to be limited to one's own age group to be
enriching.  I really do cherish the friendships I have with people who are
older than I am.

It seems like a healthy idea to have some acquaintances in your own age group
too, but I wouldn't be concerned about what you're doing.  If you're having a
good time with these people Kathy Jo, I say "go for it."  Elderly people can
be pretty cool.  I'll bet they enjoy your company too.

Betty

In a message dated 12/07/2000 3:24:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> n a message dated 12/6/00 6:48:33 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
>  writes:
>
>  << I'm twenty-nine years old and I am starting to be with the elderly.  I
am
>   starting to take the elerdly bus to go shopping.  I went once and I really
>   enjoyed it.  I know that I need to be with people my age. . .  I guess I
>   would like some input on this. >>
>
>  Kathy Jo:
>
>  If this is the best way for you to get out of the house and meet people
>  that's great.  You are taking a bus ride and by doing this you can meet and
>  talk to different people and their age should not matter. When you go to a
>  store can you go meet other people on your own? When I began volunteering
in
>  1983 I made many wonderful friendships with senior citizens. Many of them
>  accepted me for who I am and this helped me build self confidence in
myself.
>  I hope you enjoy the people you are with and accept them no matter how old
>  they are.
>
>  Stephen Allman

Betty
aut viam inveniam aut faciam