C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yvonne Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 15:39:52 -0400
This is horrible. I find it appalling that people can be so cavalier about the safety of children entrusted to their care. Not long ago there was a terrible accident here in Canada where 7 pre-schoolers were killed. A woman was driving a group of 10 children in Daycare (including her own 2) and lost control of the van. Most of the children died because they were not restrained and were thrown from the vehicle.

Vehicle restraints are such a simple way to prevent needless tragedy.

Yvonne

>>> [log in to unmask] 05/15/00 09:30PM >>>
My 4 year old goes to pre-K and the other day while being transported from
school 1 (a normal pre-K) to her special school the bus driver did not have
the car seat strapped in and turned.  Needless to say that carseat, child and
all went face down on the floor.

She dropped her off at the 2nd school and did not say a word.  She thought it
would be passed off or something.  We took her to the hospital to get her
head x-rayed and all the bruises documented, black eye and all.

The aid that is to be on the bus with a special needs child was not on the
bus and hot not been for 3 weeks, she had not told anyone about that either.
Needless to say.... they have said that the girl is fired.  We shall see.
Kristina