C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:03:54 -0700
Kat, unfortunately, if I send e-mail from UW's web interface, it's not
something I can control.  Fortunately, the majority of that should be
addressed within the next week, as the University is upgrading the
Exchange server, which will give us a true Outlook-type interface.
That'll do it.  While I was on vacation, I didn't have a choice, and I
replied from home this morning, where I use the Web interface as well.
Here's the text of the message that got MIME'd earlier. (I

>And, as the article from the Cato Institute said, many of the social
>problems caused by alcohol became worse during Prohibition.  If money
>presently spent on enforcement of drug laws were redirected into
education >on the consequences of drug abuse, I'd hope that the problems
would be >significantly reduced.

>The Cato article also talked about the rise of organized crime during
>prohibition.  After Prohibition's repeal, the crime bosses had to move
to >something else, and the logical choice was drugs.  If drugs were
legalized, >for at least the short term, people would find it
preferrable to pay the >increased taxes rather than take the risk of
buying drugs that had not been >taxed, in situations that were not as
safe, and buying drugs that were not >nearly as safe.

Kendall Corbett

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950