C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 08:48:08 -0500
Kyle,

       Unless you have been tortured - you have no right to say get over it.
I have been there - done that and I would never drream of saying that. Until
you understand what its like to have somebeat you until teeth, bones break,
repeatly, until you have seen your blood spatter all over walls, until
someone has held you down screaming and raped you till you bleed and tear -
don't even be arrogant enough to say that. You do not get over what
happens - ever. You move past it, you survive, but on the darkest nights it
haunts you, to remain sane and functional in the face of what will kill or
drive a lessor being to suicide takes a strength of spirit and soul beyond
your comprehension. It changes who you are and what you value. Go hug your
wife and babies and be very thankful. Be humble, that your life is nice
enough - that you can be that arrogant about someone elses pain.

                                       Trisha