C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 23:42:28 -0400
Just to clue you lot in what's going on with me ....

1) Work, let us say, has its good and bad moments.  This past year
has been a real struggle for me as we got a new director (Director,
HR Information Mgr) who has a totally different management style from
my old boss and shook up things very fast and thoroughly.  I must be
doing something right, because I survived a layoff of over 700 people
back in June.   We are being spun off from our corporation (Sara Lee)
as of  Sept 5. we will be Hanesbrands Inc, This is truly an exciting
time for us!

Personally speaking, this has meant a lot more work and a lot of late
nights at the office and working from home. *sigh*

2) My cat, Lucy, gave me quite a scare two weeks ago.  When I came
home late that night, she was only picking at her food.  By midday
Sunday, she was not eating at all, and she wasn't even drinking
water.  I called the vet first thing Monday morning and a friend
helped me rush her there.  After a thorough exam and a x-ray, the vet
told me that Lucy has impacted teeth which need to come out.  Problem
was, she'd lost 3 lb and so we had to get her weight back up.  So
she's been on an antibiotic and is eating her regular foods again.
Which is great because I was getting awfully tired of feeding her
baby food by hand!  She goes back for the surgery Sept. 12.

3) My BIL came up from Charlotte today and managed to adjust the
Guardian wheelchair so it's a bit easier for me to use, but we agreed
that I need another, lighter chair, so I will be calling up the
suppliers and seeing if any will let me do "sit-ins."  Yay!

4) My niece is getting married in Tampa on Thanksgiving, so it looks
as if I'll be headed your way, Beth!

Kat